Monday, August 29, 2011

A Discussion of Hardcore-ness Related to the Classics and Scrapbooking

I have spent the afternoon being a bit pleased with myself because of this fact: one of my homework assignments was to read the first half of the Aeneid, and I did so while drinking Virgil's Cream Soda (purchased at the local Meijer). Classics major hardcore. As a result, I will be examining all of the last week's layouts on a scale of how hardcore they are.

First up: Diana's Dante Cupcakes. 10/10, because they contain pictures of red velvet (i.e., hellfire) cupcakes with little fondant sinners, some of whom are encased in Twizzlers flames. And references to Roman art, Fantasia, Lion King, Rome, and Jesus Christ Superstar.



Credits
Spaceship Earth. 3/10 - Sticking to one mini kit is not particularly hard, nor is this a particularly original photo location.

Credits
Fantasyland Expansion. 4/10. Shots taken from Dumbo and I worked in princesses, which up the scrapping coolness but take away from my personal street cred (at least in most of my current social circles).

Credits
Naples 6/10. Naples as a city is kind of lame (at least the 45 minute version with an unhappy tour guide is). But it is also kind of sketch, upping the danger level. This was also a speed scrap page, so I am quite pleased with the results.

Credits
Roman Forum. 9/10. Monochrome is pretty bad-ass. As is the Aeneid, and including Latin quotes for a picture of the Forum makes it totally awesome. This is one of my favorite layouts, ever. It also perfectly evokes my style, I think. Done for a Word Up: Font Edition Challenge.

Credits
Harry Potter Album End Cover Page. 10/10. Speaking of totally awesome, A Very Potter Musical reference is always appropriate. This page is a little bit older than a week, but I finally got around to posting it. It also uses my current favorite kit.

Credits
Happy 2,763rd Birthday Rome. Another 10/10. A page detailing the eleven and a half hours we spent in Pompeii on the day of the founding of Rome. Made with a Britt kit I got on sale this weekend. And entered in a contest with a pretty sweet prize of a two-month spot on Britt's creative team (we'll see how that went tomorrow - my fingers are crossed an odd number of times). Abbey Road reference. I think this is the coolest page I have ever made, and I'm seriously contemplating getting like five copies printed, including one for my wall and one for my door. That's not too creepy, right?

Credits
Whatevs. Coming up in the next week: starting a new part time tutoring gig, taking the GRE, the start of my last football season as an undergrad, and making Perry the Platypus cupcakes. I know which one I'm most looking forward to, and it's not the football.

No comments:

Post a Comment