Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Harry Potter, Pre-Sicily Trip, and Late Sicily Trip

I received my Paris and 2008 scrapbooks in the mail from Shutterfly today, and I couldn't be more pleased with them. The only thing more pleasing than that is that my Harry Potter books arrived today - that is, the Film Wizardry book, the Unofficial Cookbook, and two John Granger books (Key to Unlocking Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Lectures). Yay! My costume idea for the last movie kind of fell apart, although, realistically, sewing a passably accurate Helga Hufflepuff costume to be part of the full set of Founders was never really that plausible. Instead, I intend to go as an Irish World Cup supporter since I picked up the pin when we were in Florida.  In order to do this, I have to take care of a few DIY things:

  • Green Rosette (found instructions online - going to make it from felt)
  • Irish supporter shirt (need iron-on transfer paper)
  • Orange ribbon belt (need to dig up some instructions)
  • World Cup Program and Ticket (this will require some scanning and fiddling in Photoshop, but feasible)
I'm also considering picking up a pair of cheap "Omnioculars" to finish the costume. The overall look will be green shirt, white skirt, and orange accents (Irish flag!).  I want to get some fake candy wrappers made up as well to go with my Pumpkin Juice bottle - I'm going totally all out on the Quidditch spectator look. Green face paint for the cheekbone stripes is also a necessity. I'll also probably end up wearing my time turner a) because  it makes up for the timeline discrepancy and b) it's so cool.

On to what I've been actually working on!


Anna - F-A-L-L into Fall Template; Stolen Moments - Capture a Memory
Sahlin Studios - June Template, Practically Perfect, various add-ons
Sahlin Studios - June Template, Practically Perfect; Litabell Designs - December Template

Scrapmuss - 365 Templates; WM Squared - Tropical Paradise

Scrapmuss - 365 Templates; Band Geek Designs - Lemon Drops; Britt-ish Designs - Alpha of Tomorrow
Scrapmuss - 365 Templates; Band Geek Designs - Lemon Drops; Britt-ish Designs - Alpha of Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment