Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Last Week of Classes

It's the last week of classes, the due date of the final paper (which I finished a good 12 hours before deadline - awesome!), and two days before the art history presentation I haven't started on. Naturally, this is also prime scrapbooking time.

First, the lone Italy page I've done since Easter; I really need to get on this if I want the book done by Christmas, as is my goal. Well, actually before fall semester, but I'm trying to be realistic.  Gabii was fun, way back when, but I've started skimping on the journaling since I'm not in desperate need to study the notes right now.  Maybe over the summer I'll go back to dense journaling.


More Disney pages - I'm making a last push to finish the 2009 trip before the 2011 trip. It seems to be working.  These are all pre-Mousescrappers birthday celebration.

Credits

Credits
This one has been a long time in the making - I've been trying for forever to figure out how to scrap it without having either an all orange page, or a crazy mix of blue and orange (our shirts + Frozone + background).  A template challenge at Mousescrappers made it easy.

Credits
My new favorite page, from the DLRP trip:

Credits
Second new favorite page. I have various failed attempts on this page sitting on my hard drive as far back as a year ago; I'm finally satisfied with the page.

Credits
This is another one that took a long time. I made a page, hated it. Went back, made an ehh page. Got a Pocahontas kit from a pp. Fumed at the timing. Britt kit came out. Finally went back and remade it.
Credits
New third favorite page?  I've been waiting to do this one until I had the perfect layout for it.  
Journaling: Somehow during the school year I stumbled upon the Kingdom Keepers book and became hooked. The story is just plain fun, and it was a nice way to get my Disney fix. However, one element that featured prominently in the first book was Walt’s first pen, located in a diorame in One Man’s Dream in DHS. Do I actually believe that one of the pens on the desk is his first pen? Of course not, no more than I believe that it will magically serve as a weapon to fight Malificent, or that smiling at the Small World dolls will stop them from attacking. Like the rest of Disney, however, the story and attention to detail is just too cute and fun not to want to preserve in memory.

Credits

No comments:

Post a Comment