Sunday, February 6, 2011

First Weekend and Tombs

I'm still getting into the swing of things, but the lack of intense homework has given me an opportunity to get a jump start on this album. I am also kind of shocked at how many pictures I've taken in a week - there is no way that I'm going to be able to sustain this sort of pace over the rest of the semester.

Anyway, more pages. Here's us at the Campo dei Fiori, enjoying some panini. Yum. Theoretically, there will be a matching Disney Store page across from it later.

Sahlin Studios: Innovation; Sahlin Studios and Britt-ish Designs: Land of Fantasy; Happy Scrap Girl: Oct 19 Tuesday Template 
This one I posted over at the Lilypad for Sahlin Studios' Memory Land Monday with the Story of Friendship kit. The pictures are all super tiny because I just grabbed them from people's facebook pages.

Sahlin Studios: A Story of Friendship, After Dark; Agnesy 365 February Monthly Freebie Template
This too has a matching page of the wedding cake monument (I never remember its real name). It's the first thing we see at the terminus of our main bus.

Britt-ish Designs - Inspired by Natasha Templates, Wire Flowers Metal Edition, Land of Fantasy; Sahlin Studios - A Story of Friendship, After Dark

For our big Tuesday trip, we went out to go see some Etruscan tombs (yay Etruscans? The imperial age is more my area).  But just before the real tombs, there was a museum where we saw Etruscan sarcophagi and Greek vases from the grave goods, but no photography allowed. I had left my camera on the bus anyway, so it was a moot point.  Along with this page, there will a page focusing on the particular tomb at Tarquinia that Aimee and I did our project on. 

Britt-ish Designs and Suzy Q Scraps - Bon Appetit; Suzy Q Scraps: Inspired by Amber
After a rather rushed lunch and no bathroom break (seriously, who locks the bathroom five minutes before closing when there is clearly a large group prepping to leave?), we headed out to the next tomb site.

Katie Pertiet: Template Challenge Layered Template 6.13.10; Suzy Q Scraps: {Stash Builders} Simple Paper Alphas 2, From the Heart

Suzy Q Scraps: {Stash Builders} Simple Paper Alphas 2, From the Heart; Dreams Inspired: P12 Template (?)
For the Thursday trip, we scaled it back and hit up a really neat museum, although it was still more Etruscan stuff. I have a lot more notes about specific artifacts, but like the other museum, photography was not allowed :( I might just look up the pieces online and use google for them later.

Britt-ish Designs - Alice; Suzy Q Scraps: {Stash Builders} Simple Paper Alphas 2, Heart to Heart; Andrea Gold: Template Addicts' Bundle 02


There was a really cool reproduction of an Etruscan temple, not permissible to enter. Also important to note: Etruscan temples were actually made of bricks and wood, mostly, so the reproduction is not true to the original material.  However, it was built that was so as to avoid the degradation that caused there to be no real remaining Etruscan temples in the first place.

Suzy Q Scraps: {Stash Builders} Simple Paper Alphas 2, Heart to Heart; Pencil Lines: Aug Sketch
Alas, homework once again beckons. More Suetonius, who I've really been enjoying, and studying for the weekly quiz. Good thing that I'm counting this scrapbooking as related to studying due to the content.  If there's time tonight, I'm going to get the Vatican Museum pages done as well as St. Peter's Square, which I went to on my own yesterday. So amazing - I couldn't get in to the Basilica, but it was because the pope was ordaining new bishops! So now I've seen him via screen :)


No comments:

Post a Comment